Sunday, January 08, 2006

These Are My Poems

I spent half the day yesterday fellowshipping at my friend Robin’s baby shower. Many of the gals attending were friends from a local Charlotte Mason support group I used to attend. I just LOVE spending time with women who encourage me to slow down, to respect and honor and submit to my husband, and to listen and walk with the Lord daily.
Ahhh...what a breath of fresh air these ladies are!

Can I just say to them...
I love you gals! Thank you for all the encouragement you've given me over the past few years. The Lord caused you to come into my life at the perfect time, a time when I was ready and wanting for your influence and inspiration. I appreciate how He has caused my eyes to open on many things over which I didn't even know my eyes were closed. My heart has been drawn toward home -- and you have definitely had something to do with this!
Thank You!

One of the gals read a stirring quote from a book of poetry. On the way to the shower, I had been thinking about how I wished I had more time to putter around with creative ideas. This quote was a nice reminder of the role I have TODAY – and that I can and should be pouring my creative ideas into serving my husband and children.

When I learn to follow God in the ways he has made clear in scripture and in my heart, I am confident He will “enlarge my territory” to have an effect on the world at large.

Many people have said to me
'What a pity you had such a big family
to raise. Think of the novels and the short stories and the poems you never had time to write because of that.'
And I looked at my children and I said,
'These are my poems. These are my
short stories.'

--Olga Masters

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Made me tear. Your children are such beautiful poems!

Anonymous said...

I was very touched by your little but large setiments "penned" on the blog. ("Blog" seems like such a indelicate or crude word for a place of such elegant and generous words of honor--honoring your friends and the Lord.) May God be praised. I hardly count myself part of this special crowd of gals, but thanks for including me.

The Lord has given you a sweet heart. I am thankful that you have such a heart for service. Submitted to the Lord, He will give you your hearts desire in those unique ministries you are praying for. I pray so.