Friday, January 13, 2006

Black Widow Scare!

It is nearly midnight. I just found a black widow spider. My husband is out of town.
Not only am I deathly afraid of any scary-looking spiders, but a black widow takes the cake. And she is in a really hard to reach spot, under my sink. I was down there to get out the bread maker (we were going to have fresh bread for breakfast tomorrow -- not now!) when I saw her scurry back in there. It is pretty dark in there, so maybe I am wrong about her being a huge, black poisonous spider!
If only it wasn't so late, I'd go over to the college boys next door, or call my uncle or brother-in-law who both live nearby. My boys aren't big enough for this job, I don't think! I just don't think I have it in me to kill or trap her tonight.
Thank goodness I just had a swig of NyQuil -- maybe I can get some sleep even though my skin is crawling and itching with dozens of imaginary spiders!!! Eeek!
Honey, my Protector Extraordinaire, come home soon!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm at the airport right now... will be home soon!!

Deborah said...

I can't wait to see you!
And I can't wait for you to kill that nasty beast.
I went next store to the college boys' house, but no one was there except a GIRL!! She actually came over to try to help, but just scared Spidey into hiding better.
We can't wait to see you! Everytime I opened the front door today, Daniel has yelled out, "Oh, Hi Dad!" I hate to keep breaking his heart by telling him its just me :)
Love ya and see ya soon!

Deborah said...

Yeah for the Smithers family!
Uncle David just came by and found that lil' devil and smashed it to bits! It WAS a black widow.
And while they were here, Toby actually found a Wolf Spider to stomp on. Can you believe it?
Yeah for the Spider-Slaying Smithers' Clan!

Miroslav said...

i woulda hired somebody.


;)